Saturday, February 17, 2018

Valentine's Day Surprise

I got a wonderful surprise on Valentine's Day when I found that I was the featured artist on American Watercolor Weekly! They did a lovely profile on me and published several of my latest paintings. Click on American Watercolor to read it, and click Here to Subscribe to receive a free online subscription to this marvelous publication.

My students in my winter semester classes studied the techniques to paint glass last month. Here's one of my quick demos from a recent class.

And here's another quick demo from one of my earlier classes.

I was amused to see another teacher try to copy my lessons, based on my photos that I posted to Facebook. I didn't post many photos of my demo in progress and I didn't explain my painting process in detail in my posts, so the knock-off lessons do not produce the same great results that my students get in my classes.

Be sure to choose the right teacher and don't waste your time and money on copycats. Click on my CALENDAR page to see my schedule of upcoming classes and workshops.

This month I'm exhibiting my plein air paintings at the Chadds Ford Historical Society. This winter event was limited to 20 artists, and the top plein air artists from around the country vied to get juried in. Be sure to stop in and see the paintings, through the end of this month.



posted by Annie Strack @ 12:55 PM   1 Comments

1 Comments:

At February 20, 2018 at 12:20 PM , Blogger R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.