Sunday, February 25, 2018

Spring is in the air! Well, almost.

Last weekend we had 3 inches of snow here at the studio, then mid week temps rose all the way up into the 80s, and now this weekend it's raining and in the 40s. I'm more of a summertime type of gal, and I pine for the palms and beaches of my youth.

In my watercolor class this week, I gave my students hot pressed paper to work on as we painted florals. My students usually work on cold pressed paper, and in a previous class I had given them rough paper for this same subject. The lesson incorporates how paper absorbency and texture affects results, and my students love trying out the different papers and comparing them. This is one of my demos from class.


This is one of the paintings that I did in the Chadds Ford winter plein air earlier this month. I painted this on the coldest day and stayed my my car in the parking area of Kuerner Farm, overlooking the meadow behind the barn. The transmission lines that cross the farm and run through the middle of Chadds Ford are as iconic as Kuerner Farm itself, and instantly recognizable by anyone who is familiar with the area. This painting is watercolor on canvas -- because I didn't want to use oils inside my car. 
Power Lines, 8x10 watercolor on canvas board, $195.

posted by Annie Strack @ 10:34 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.