Saturday, October 7, 2017

Demos and Plein Air next week!

Next weekend I'll be at Plaza Art in Towson , Maryland, to demo paints and mediums for Amsterdam Acrylics during the annual Hands on Creativity event.


 This popular art expo brings together representatives from all the popular brands. Artists can come and check out all the new products, and learn new techniques and skills from seasoned professionals. I hope you'll come out and see me at this event!


Right after I finish my demos in Towson next Sunday night, I will rush up to West Chester to start painting in the Brandywine Valley Plein Air festival. This is a week long event of intensive painting including a quick-draw and a nocturne, with a gala art opening and sale at Winterthur the following weekend. I'm on the planning committee of this event, and I'm thrilled to be part of the largest plein air festival in the region!

In other news, I'm over the moon to announce that I just received Signature Status in the International Plein Air Painters (IPAP)! This is a huge honor to receive such recognition from the most prestigious plein air society in the world. I've been painting en plein air since before it was even called that, and have taken my paints with me around the world several times. I'm thrilled to have been awarded this special and quite rare designation. It's my tenth Signature (my second one this year!) of my career and I'm proud of each of them, but I'm doubly proud of the international ones.

posted by Annie Strack @ 9:31 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.