Friday, May 22, 2015

Painting at Kuerner Farm

I have wonderful news! I just found out I've been invited back as a jury-exempt artist in the Plein Air Brandywine Valley this year! This prestigeous painting competition will be held in October, with the artwork exhibited at Winterthur Estate and Gardens in Wilmington, Delaware. This is my fourth year in this event, and because I am consistantly one of the top selling artists, it's my second year as an invited artist. The painting locations include the famous gardens and sites near my studio, as well as several private estates and gardens belonging to Du Pont family members. Even better, some of my old plein air painting buddies from New Orleans -- Carol Hallock and Mary Monk -- are coming up to paint with me, and will be staying at my house during the event. The event is currently accepting  artist applications fro jurying, if you're interested in applying you can click on the link for more information. 
In the meantime, I'm getting ready for my next plein air event of the summer -- the Philadelphia Watercolor Society Plein Air at Kuerner Farm in Chadds Ford next Wednesday. This is a small one-day event, and it's non-competitive -- painting just for fun! I won't be giving any formal lessons during this event, but you're welcome to come and watch and me paint! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by Annie Strack @ 12:25 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.