Sunday, January 20, 2013

Painting Snow!

My next workshop is coming up soon in my Kennett Square Studio! This time I will be teaching How To Paint Snowy Landscapes in Watercolor. Students can bring their own photos to work from, or they can choose photos from my archives. Here's a couple of photos from my reference library, which I shot a couple a weeks ago at my studio.

This is a one-day workhsop on February 8, from 10-4 pm. The cost of the workshop is $68, and lunch is included. Email me for more details, or to sign up. Workshops sell out quickly, so don't wait too long!

This is one of my watercolors of a snowy landscape. Notice how the colors of teh landscape are repeated in the shadows on the snow -- Snow is reflective, and that is why the shadows match the sky colors or the elements nearby. A bright sunny day will cast bright blue shadows, a dark overcast day will cast dark grey shadows, and shadows in pine forests will have a green cast to them. The tiny ice cystals of snow refracts and reflects light and color.

In other news, be sure to come out and watch me paint at Chadds Ford Plein Air, February 1-2. There's a reception and wet paint sale on Saturday, Feb 2, from 5-9 pm. I hope to see you there!

posted by Annie Strack @ 3:55 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.