Monday, January 28, 2013

Painting En Plein Air

The forecast for this weekend is looking pretty good, and I expect some decent weather when I go out to paint in the Chadds Ford Plein Air event on Friday and Saturday. I hope to see many of my friends out painting, and meet lot's of new ones! Be sure to come out to the artist reception and wet paint sale on Saturday night, and introduce yourself to me.  An “Exclusive Preview Party” will take place on Saturday, Feb. 2, from 5 p.m. – 6 p.m. Preview ticket holders will be treated to a first look and sale of wet paintings, hors d’oeuvres, and wine. After the preview party, the event is open to the general public from 6-9pm. The Art Exhibit stays up until February 22, 2013 at the Chadds Ford Historical Society's Barn Visitors Center.

In other news, I'm getting ready to go to New Orleans to teach a workshop and jury a show for the Arts For Madisonville. My workshop sold out a long time ago, but you can still enter the art exhibit. This workshop sold out so quickly, that we've decided to add an extra bonus for the many artists and fans who were turned away when the event sold out. So, on Friday evening of February 22, I will be conducting a live painting demonstration at the exhibit. The event will be free for members of Art For Madisonville, and a small fee (I'll let you know when I find out) will be charged for non-members. For more information about entering the show, go to Art For Madisonville and download the prospectus.

And, be sure to check out this new feature about me on The Artistic Blog,
and this wonderful new article in the Times-Picayune,
and this lovely new blogpost from Artsy Shark!


posted by Annie Strack @ 8:16 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.