Saturday, July 21, 2012

Lovely Book Commemorates the 125th Anniversary of Sennelier!

Whenever a package arrives at my door from Sennelier, I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. The wonderful folks over at Sennelier make the best paint in the world, and they've been doing it for 125 years. To commemorate their milestone anniversary, they've come out with a fascinating and informative book that details the company's journey and history. The book is full of stories and photos of the many famous artists that worked with Sennelier art materials over the years, along with delightful insights and reminiscences about the company and the products. I particularly loved reading the various correspondences between the immpressionist painters and Gustave Sennelier, as they described the colors and qualities that they wanted when they placed their orders for supplies.


But the best thing I love about this book is the inscription, hand-written by Dominique Sennelier - current head of the company and grandson of founder Gustave Sennelier:
"To Annie Strack. We share the same love of art and the passion for colors, Louisiana to Paris. Best regards, D Sennelier"

Like everything from Sennelier, the book is beautiful. But the inscription makes it precious, and I will treasure it, always!

posted by Annie Strack @ 1:16 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.