Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another Day of Painting en Plein Air

I had a great time yesterday painting en plein air with the Philadelphia Watercolor Society in Smedley Park. It's a small park, and very green, but there's a pretty little creek that runs though it and that offered a nice visual distraction to paint.
I used my Sennelier half-pan watercolors on these paintings, and I love the intensity and luminosity of these paints. The half-pan set is also very convenient for plein air, and allowed me to travel lightly without having to carry a lot of supplies. Just add water and paper, and I'm ready to go!




 About a dozen other watercolor artists joined me at this plein air event. This photo shows Mick McAndrews working on his 1st painting of the day.
 Terry Boyle and Mimi Barclay Johnson painting from one of the scenic foot-bridges in the park.

posted by Annie Strack @ 12:41 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.