Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Photos from recent workshop

These are photos from my most reccent workshop, held at the Bayou Lacombe Art Center.


We did 2 paintings in this workshop, the 1st one was a simple beach scene which allowed the students to warm up and learn the basic techniques for painting with watercolors. Then we moved on to the second painting, which had a little more detailed subject matter with a boat and a lighthouse.

This is the initial drawing with masking fluid applied. The students traced a copy, and followed step-by-step demonstrations to paint.

After the initial washes and background is painted, I peeled off the mask and began to paint the details

At the end of the day, here is the finished painting!



posted by Annie Strack @ 1:05 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.