Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Finished paintings from the workshop

These are the fantastic artists who attended my workshop in Mississippi. Many of them are members of the Pass Christian Art Association, which hosted and organized the event. Others came from other art organizations on the gulf coast, and some even traveled from other states.

On the third day of the workshop, my students continued to add deeper values to their paintings and finished with painting in the details. This photo is my finished painting.


I like to start each workshop with a "warm-up painting" that allows the students to practice the new techniques that I demonstate. In this workshop I demonstrated a a couple of simple beach scenes for the students to paint. This practice enables them to get used to some of the specific brush strokes, color mixes, lifting, and other techniques.





This is me on the morning of the third day of the workshop, getting ready to start a lesson. We all had a great time, and everyone completed two or more beautiful paintings!

posted by Annie Strack @ 4:30 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All images and content copyright Annie Strack 2023. Although I occasionally receive compensation for some posts, I always give my honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.